Politique de confidentialité
At RETREEV, we take your privacy very seriously and we strive that all your personal information provided to us is stored and processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. By visiting the RETREEV website, you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
OUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION POLICY IN SHORT:
At RETREEV, we collect information (personal data) only to make our service useful and relevant for you. The aim is to protect and repatriate your items, which you decided to register within the RETREEV system.
We only use your information to repatriate your items. For this purpose, your information may be provided to the individual or agency in physical possession of your item, to ensure repatriation of your belongings registered under RETREEV.
The information we collect is not used for profiling nor commercial purposes.
However, we may release information to authorities where required by law.
With your consent upon subscription to the RETREEV service, your information may be provided in bona fide (good faith) basis to airlines, airports and security agencies solely for operational and/ or security reasons pertaining to repatriation or disposal of your RETREEV-registered items.
SCOPE OF THE POLICY:
YOUR CONSENT TO COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA:
We only collect personal information based on your specific consent that is relevant to the purpose and efficient use of the RETREEV service. This information allows us to provide you with a customized service and experience, while registering or repatriating your items.
This is in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation also known as GDPR; you can access the full text here: https://gdpr-info.eu/ (The GDPR lawful base to process your personal data for the RETREEV service is Consent.) We collect and process two types of information, which may be considered as personal data:
- Your contact details (such as your email or address you decided to provide)
- General information (such as items you’ve registered with RETREEV service or general IT data pertaining to the RETREEV website performance)
Here is why, where and how we collect and process information:
In order to use RETREEV services, you must create an account. We took great care to ensure the mandatory information and any personal data required to create an account are at the absolute minimum.
By creating and maintaining your RETREEV account, you are giving RETREEV your specific consent to collect, store and process your personal data provided. The purpose of this consent is to protect and repatriate items, you’ve decided to register into the RETREEV service.
You are creating a RETREEV account in order to be able to manage centrally all your RETREEV registered items, respective contact details (personal data) – and to subscribe or unsubscribe from various elements of the RETREEV service at your own time and will.
The nature of the RETREEV service lies in you providing additional information about an item you care about, such as its brand, model, colour or a serial number. This information might be useful to prove your ownership to the item’s finder (an individual or an institution) should the item be lost.
In addition, you may choose to upload photos of your items. As indicated below, in the section titled “Sharing Your Information”, you can control how your information is displayed and used.
When using RETREEV, you are providing your consent that information or pictures you’ve provided and uploaded will be stored and processed by RETREEV, in order to ensure recovery of your items in accordance with the purpose of the RETREEV service, should any of your RETREEV-equipped items be lost.
- General information, when using RETREEV website, social media and services:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way, e.g. via an inquiry you sent us directly.
When using RETREEV service, its website and social media, you are providing us your consent to collect and process certain types of information whenever you interact with us.
RETREEV and its authorized agents automatically receive and record standard “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser. These include your IP address, RETREEV cookie information and the page you requested. RETREEV uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, as well as to improve its overall functionality and administer and improve its website and social media interactions.
Should you wish that this information is not collected and processed, please activate respective restrictions within your browser or device settings.
Not the crispy ones in your delayed luggage… in the IT jargon, cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are stored in your computer’s hard drive. They help us understand how and when pages in our RETREEV website are visited. RETREEV will always ask your permission before storing cookies on your computer’s hard drive. Note that your permission might be saved in your cookies, so we don’t need to request it in case of multiple visits. RETREEV cookies do not collect personal data, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information.
We recommend that you accept RETREEV’s cookies to make full use of RETREEV services. Our system will ask you to accept cookies from RETREEV so that it remembers you. We recommend that you agree to this. It is safe. However, you may decide not to – or you may change your decision at any stage.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION:
Because RETREEV enables people to privately exchange information with one another, information about the people who use RETREEV is an integral part of the RETREEV service and experience. We will share your personal information only as described below:
- Personnel: RETREEV personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may, subject to strict duty of confidentiality, have access to user information required to carry out their business duties.
- Airlines, Airports and Security Agencies: Your information may be shared with airlines, airports and security agencies to facilitate the handling of your luggage or other registered items solely for operational and/or security reasons, such as returning your property or facilitating checked baggage security screening.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy assets from other companies or sell assets to other companies. User information might be part of these kind of transactions. Moreover, if RETREEV, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred.
- Protection of RETREEV and Others: We may release personal information when that release is necessary to comply with the law; to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use or to protect the rights, property or safety of RETREEV, our employees, our users, or others.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, You can always select, which information you wish to share and alternatively opt-out from sharing any information
SAFEGUARDING YOUR INFORMATION:
We collect, process and maintain Customer Information in the United States, with the support of certified US companies under the US-Swiss and US-EU Safe Harbor Framework. We will ask for your approval prior to transferring your data to a server different than the one mentioned in this “Keeping Information Secure” section. We will only store your data in servers located in countries where the legislation provides adequate data protection according to Swiss and European legal requirements.
- Your RETREEV account information is stored in a secured server located in the USA, operated by certified US companies under the US-Swiss and US-EU Safe Harbor Framework and protected by a password for your privacy and security.
- It is your duty to protect yourself against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to this information. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices and are subject to a strict obligation of confidentiality.
Your data is stored in safe locations and it is protected by adequate Technical and Organizational Measures (in accordance with respective articles of the EU GDPR at https://gdpr-info.eu ).
YOU ARE IN CONTROL! Ways to control and use of your information:
- The RETREEV website requires very little information and most of the information that you add is purely on voluntary basis. However, if you choose not to add optional information, you may not be able to use certain features of our website or the RETREEV service. (Example: should you decide not to provide us with your phone number, we will be unable to arrange a call-back answering your inquiry.)
- By visiting your User Profile (Account) on www.RETREEV.com, you can anytime correct, amend, add or delete personal information (personal data) at your free will and convenience.
RETREEV may send out e-mails with RETREEV-related news, products, offers, or surveys – in case you subscribe to receive these in your RETREEV Account. You may also receive notification e-mails from RETREEV, such as a found item alert. We will do our best to keep communication to only what is truly necessary.
If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, please follow the instructions in your profile page (Account). You can always opt-out from this part of the RETREEV service.
You will continue to receive RETREEV system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us as long as you will remain a user of RETREEV.
CONDITIONS OF USE: